A Very Good "Morning" at Ally's All-Day Breakfast Place

(09 June 2013) Sunday is usually my lazy day. Feeling sick and nauseous, I got up around 2 in the afternoon last Sunday. I was supposed to visit my brother who is in the hospital but I decided not to since it wasn't such a good idea to mingle with him given my not-so-good physical condition. Instead, my friends and I decided to drop by a new restaurant in the village.

Last week, I noticed that there's a new diner in UP Village which adds to the roster of all the to-go's of the foodies in Quezon City. The place is called Ally's All-Day Breakfast Place. It is located in #50 Malingap Street, Barangay Sikatuna Village. True enough, they offer an array of typical breakfast food - from pancakes to waffles to silogs and frittatas.

Ally's All Day Breakfast Facade
The facade of the all-day breakfast place
The place was a bit small. Perhaps, it can only accommodate up to 20-25 customers at a time, including their open air space along the road.

The dining area
Have a sunny day! A cute ceiling lamp :)

When we stepped in, we definitely felt the sunny feel. The place was all yellow and orange and it was well lit. Maybe because we went there at a time when the sun was shining brightly! Ha ha ha. We were also greeted by one of their staff "good morning" even if it was already late in the afternoon.

We then looked at their menu and were delighted by all the breakfast meals and choices we had.


Ally's All-Day Breakfast Place menu
It took us A LOT of time to decide what to order for. Well, after the discussions and all the drama, we already placed our order.

I first looked at the waffles that they were serving. I was feeling lucky that time that I had to make my own waffle combo. The waiter gave me a checklist and I started the mixing and the matching. This is one of their gimmick to bring thrill to your typical dining experience. And oh, you also get to name your waffle. Isn't it fun? I named mine The Loveless Waffle (200 pesos, US$ 4.65). It had Nutella, coarsely chopped almonds, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce/drizzle on it and some strips of bacon for the sides. It was divine! The bacon didn't go well with the waffle combo though. 


The Loveless Waffle; my own creation 

I knew that I wouldn't be satisfied with just waffles so I ordered for their Vigan Longganisa Silog (150 pesos, US$ 3.49). It tasted good. I like my  longganisa (Filipino sausage) to be garlicky and that was what they served me with. It's also cool to note that they serve two sunny-side-up eggs. The rice was just a cup of plain rice with some crumbs of toasted garlic on top - pretty plain and ordinary, I should say. It also came with a small serving of salsa to ease your pagka-umay (distaste as a result of having too much of something).

Vigan Longganisa Silog
My friends ordered for tapsilog (130 pesos, US$ 3.00) and adobo flakes silog (120 pesos, US$2.80). Both of them liked what they ordered for.

Tapsilog
Adobo flakes silog
One of my dining mates also placed an additional order. She had an order of cheesy bacon tomato frittata (130 pesos, US$ 3.00). She was generous enough to share it with us. The frittata was good. It was very cheesy though the bacon bits were not present in every bite. Good enough, still.


And after feasting on our 4-pm breakfast, we paid a quite reasonable amount. Here's our check:


In terms of their service, I can say that their waiting time is reasonable. Also, the restaurant's staff were very friendly and accommodating. I'm a bit apprehensive, though, if the resto's gonna go fullhouse. I only noticed 3 people and I don't know if they can manage at least 20 people. Good thing it was only our group who was in the place when we dined. 

I'd definitely recommend you to try Ally's for yourself. I don't think you'd regret your visit. We left the place satiated and contented. :)

How to get there:

Landmark/s: Bayantel, UP Village

From Philcoa, just take the tricycle and tell the driver to bring you to #50 Malingap Street.

If you're driving, (from QC Circle) just go straight to Maginhawa Street and turn right when you reach Bayantel (Malingap Street). You'll easily notice Ally's from there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Blogger

This blog is intended to share to the world what my eyes can see. As a writer-turned-superhero, I am living my life one step at a time.

For more information, contact me here.

Twitter Updates